About the club
A brief history
Established in 1883 , the Club takes its name from its original site in Endcliffe Park, off Rustlings Road; it moved to its current site on Collegiate Crescent in 1888. It is Sheffield’s oldest lawn tennis club and was one of the founder members of the Sheffield & District Lawn Tennis Association.
The Club has retained its name of Rustlings Lawn Tennis Club despite the fact that the three lawn tennis courts have now been converted to all-weather courts, making a total of five tarmacadam courts. The benefits resulting from this decision allow all-year-round play with much lees maintenance costs. Although match play does not continue throughout the winter months, the social group stoically continue to play in all weather conditions.
All five courts have been recently renovated to provide a new playing surface that will last for several years. Part of the long term plan for the club will be to implement floodlights that will allow for extended play during the summer and winter months.